Senior Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead the development team within our growing and dynamic technology team. The role will report directly to the CTO and will work closely with QA, operations and product management teams.
- Make software technology decisions around tools, libraries, data formats etc
- Make software architecture decisions around cloud versus on-premises, containerised vs serverless.
- Translate business requirements into implementation designs and software specifications
- Provide high-level estimates for project stakeholders
- Work alongside product management to prioritize and assign tasks within Engineering resources
- Ensure timely delivery of projects/tasks
- Identify risk areas and provide solutions to mitigate them
- Capacity planning (Resource and Technical) to ensure delivery of projects on the agreed schedule
- Provide technical guidance to improve efficiency
- Build a strong engineering culture of innovation and collaboration
- Experience of working as a Software Manager within a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Experience in managing remote teams operating in an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience in managing development as part of a cloud CI / CD pipeline
- Experience in implementing and managing development using tools such as Jira, GitLab.
- Experience in managing and architecting serverless applications using AWS services and solutions.
- Ability to deconstruct software requirements to develop software implementation plans.
- Ability to review & interpret code (PHP, Python, SQL) to help identify issues or potential improvements.
- Strong background in web software development (front end/backend).
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or a relevant engineering discipline
- Proven experience in building/leading engineering teams.
- Useful to have some telecoms network experience.