We are looking for a Level 1 Technical Support Engineer to join our existing support team based in Guildford. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company involved in cutting edge IoT concepts and technology and be part of the next leap in communications technology.
- Determining and understanding customer problems and resolving those problems, or escalating and managing through to a higher level of support;
- Communicating with existing customers and potential new customers over email and telephone.
- Working closely with our internal pre-sales/sales teams who are constantly developing new and exciting opportunities and therefore require support managing through problems during the proof of concept stage;
- Providing an administrative function for service request management;
- Logging and managing all incident, service and access requests via phone or email;
- Logging and managing all internal event requests;
- Providing first-line investigation and diagnosis;
- Resolving incidents and service requests;
- Escalating and managing incidents and service requests that service desk cannot resolve, and ensuring any SLA or OLA timescales are met;
- Informing customers on progress within agreed SLA or OLA timescales;
- Closing all resolved incidents or other requests;
- Occasional ad-hoc project work assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
The Support team work 3 shift patterns currently operated 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm and 2pm to 10pm, Monday to Friday. Initial recruitment into this role would be to cover the core shift 10am to 6pm. At times work may be remote to the normal place of work so a willingness to travel at reasonable short notice is expected. After a period of time in the role, all members of the Support team are required to join the On-Call Rota, and provide on-call cover for approximately 1 week in every 4.
- The ability to resolve problems, understand complex situations and most importantly a desire to deliver a high level of service to customers;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal format is essential;
- A good understanding of computers, networking and a level of software development;
- The ability to understand and articulate computer networking, IP addressing, Ethernet protocols is essential.
- The confidence to manage and administer customer tickets within contractual Service Level Agreements or to an agreed expectation;
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or higher education equivalent;
- Experience in software development with languages such as PHP, C#, PERL or equivalent;
- A good working knowledge and experience with databases such as MySQL;
- A level of knowledge and understanding of GSM networks;
- A good level of experience with IP Networks, networking concepts and router technology;
- Understanding of communication protocols and concepts such as TCP/UDP, IP, NAT, Port Forwarding, FTP, RS232, RS422.